Mahi-Mahi with Crabmeat Over Linguini And Julienne Vegetables
2005 Dry Muscat
Mahi-Mahi steaks, 1/2 ounce each = 4 steaks
Herbed Butter = 2 ounces ( herbs included in packet, listed separately)-Aurora’s Herbs & Spices
Crab meat = 1 ounce (fresh if possible)
Alfredo Pasta sauce = store bought or home made
6 Tablespoons of butter
1 1/2 Cups of whipping cream
3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 garlic clove (not crushed)
Salt & White Pepper to taste
Linguini Pasta (store bought to save you time)
Canola oil = 1/2 ounce
2005 Hidden Mountain Dry Muscat = 1 ounce
Salt & white pepper to taste
1 medium size carrot
1 summer squash
Italian Parsley—finely chopped for garnish, about 2 ounces.
(Lavender would make a very nice substitution if you can find it fresh).
Aurora’s Herbs & Spices:
Spanish Paprika, Garlic Salt, Dried Dill, Dried Oregano, and Dried Lavender.
Suggestions for Dessert
Take advantage of the abundance of summer fruits …
2 Mangoes + 2 ripe but firm bananas + quart of strawberries + handful of blueberries.
Slice the mangoes and bananas into bite-size pieces.
Slice strawberries into quarters.
Mix all fruit in a large bowl.
Add 1 1/2 ounces ( or more if you desire) of your favorite liqueur and toss gently.
Serve over vanilla ice-cream or if you would like to save on calories...serve fruit with whipped cream.
Serve fruit in a chilled martini glass.
From your pantry and Fridge
Salt and white pepper.
Garlic clove, whole and not crushed.
4 Mahi-Mahi Steaks, 1/2 ounce each
Crab Meat, 1 ounce fresh Dungeness crab.
Fresh Vegetables: carrots (1 medium), 1 summer squash, and 1 zucchini.
Bunch of Italian parsley.
Whipping cream, 1 1/2 ounces (small container)
Dessert: Fruits...mangoes (2), bananas (2), quart of strawberries and quart of blueberries.
Vanilla Ice-Cream and/or Whipped Cream.
Linguini Pasta Package—4 Servings
Before you start:
Wash, dry and julienne vegetables and cover with moist cloth.
Start the grill, if grilling outdoors.
Mix the butter with the herb mix packet and refrigerate until ready to use.
Splash Mahi-Mahi steaks with the 1 ounce of 2005 Dry Muscat wine and cover with plastic wrap.Set aside until ready to grill.
Start a 6 quart pot with salted water for the linguini.
Time to Cook
- Pad dry Mahi-Mahi and then place on the grill; baste with the herb butter mixture and grill for about 8-12 minutes depending on its thickness. DON’T FORGET TO SET TIMER FOR 4 MINUTES! ( We will assume 8 minutes for this recipe).
- Pre-heat 2 sauté pans at medium heat– one for the vegetables the other for the Alfredo sauce.
- Place half the butter in one sauté pan, than add half the heavy cream and half the Parmesan cheese, repeat the steps once the mixture is smooth (use a whisk for best result).
- Remove Alfredo sauce from heat, add crab meat and return to burner at very low heat.
- TIME TO CHECK THE FISH! Turn it over for the next 4 minutes! SET TIMER AGAIN!
- In the second sauté pan start with the Canola oil and let it warm up...once heated add the vegetables and increase heat to high. Quickly sauté vegetables and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Move to warming drawer or near stove to keep warm.
- Drop pasta into boiling water and stir frequently. Cook for a couple of minutes...al dente!
- Drain Pasta, shower it with cool water, drain again in place in pasta bowl. Using a Pasta fork separate it gently. Plate individually or in Pasta Bowl.
- Move Alfredo and crab meat mixture from burner and serve it over linguini.
- Remove Mahi-Mahi steaks from grill, top with remaining herb butter mixture and plate on serving platter or individual plates.
- Julienne vegetables should be still pretty warm, if not gently sauté again and place in single serving platter or individually plated next to the fish.
Family Style– Single platter for Fish, Julienne Vegetables, Linguini topped with Crab meat -Alfredo sauce.
Butter Herb Packet ( Packet #1)
This packet contains sufficient herbs to flavor 2 ounces of butter. The herbed butter is to be used to baste 4 steaks of Mahi-mahi ½ ounce each. A little goes a long way!
Mahi-Mahi Seasoning Packet (Packet #2)
You have the option of seasoning the Mahi-mahi steaks with just salt & pepper or in addition using the Fish Seasoning. It contains sufficient “Herbs de Provence” and Spanish Paprika to season the 4 steaks of Mahi-mahi prior to splashing the fish steaks with the 2005 Dry Muscat. Please let it sit in fridge for a little while to absorb the flavors.
Wasabi-Peas Packet (Packet #3)
For those of you adventurous souls, who prefer a little bit of “heat” in your foods, I’ve included the wasabi-pea seasoning packet.
You can sparingly, or liberally, sprinkle this very spicy and crunchy seasoning on the finish dish instead of the Italian parsley.
I hope you will enjoy making this recipe. It’s a challenge to get everything done within a short period of time.
Back to the Recipes