Asian Fusion Chicken Tornadoes Paired with Rhapsody Zinfandel
Asian Fusion Chicken Tornados Over Soba Noodles.
· Four Chicken Breasts, no skins and no bones, cut into round slices and secured with twine.
· One Bag of Soba Noodles.
· 2 Tablespoons of Thai sauce.
· 1 tablespoons of Peanut Butter, smooth
· One small vine-ripe tomato seeded and diced.
· One teaspoon of capers*
· Four green olives diced very small*
· 1/2 teaspoon of tomato paste*
· 1-2 Tablespoons of dried Thai seasonings (any brand)
· 1/2 Cup of Rhapsody Zinfandel
· 2 Tablespoons of olive oil (inexpensive if you like)
* You may choose to use 3 Tablespoons of Bruschetta topping (any brand) for shortcut.
· Add the ½ Cup of Rhapsody Zinfandel to the heated sauce. Let reduce by one third, or slightly thickened. Turn off heat and add chicken when ready.
· Once chicken is cooked, take out of the oven, allow to rest a couple of minutes, then add the chicken with the juices to the sauce. Turn off oven and move the chicken in the sauce to the oven until ready to plate.
· To the boiling water, add the noodles. Check for doneness periodically while sautéing the other ingredients.
· Mince 1 t of fresh garlic, 2T of ginger root, ¾ carrots, match stick sliced, and ½ C green onions diced diagonally. Set aside
· Combine rice wine vinegar, (or other liquid) with broth and cornstarch and set aside.
· In a medium pan, sauté the minced garlic, ginger, carrots and green onions.
· Add the combined liquids with cornstarch and allow to cook at moderate heat for 4 minutes.
· Do not allow to dry, add a little water if necessary.
· Once noodles are done, drain, then immediately add to the pan with the liquids, remove from heat and toss to coat.